Thursday, November 1, 2018

Assignment 19A Idea Napkin No. 2

1. You:

  • My name is Brooklyn Nave and i'm a sophomore at the University of Florida. I am majoring in General Business Administration with a specialization in Sports Management and a minor in Economics. The skills that I possess are being able to communicate with people in any type of setting and resolve conflicts between people in group settings. I am also a driven leader, when I am given a task or a challenge to complete I do not stop or give up until I have completed the task. 
  • If I were to start my own business these qualities that I possess would help me with making connections between different suppliers and in the recruiting process of my employees. My communication skills would also help my business when it came to making sales and promoting my service to the public. 
2. What are you offering to customers? 
  • I have not changed the service that I am providing. I am providing the service of parking garages in crowded college towns. I am solving a ton of students unmet needs by providing parking since there is a lack of parking in college towns, for example, in Gainesville. I will consult with various apartment complexes that do not already provide parking for their residents or have a limited number of parking spots to offer to their residents. The parking garages will be located in a central location so that it is applicable to the majority of off campus residents that are in need of the parking. Parking spots will be available for a reasonable rate and have 24/7 security so that all the parking residents feel safe and secure in the garages. 
  • I did not receive any feedback on my first Idea Napkin so I took it upon myself to show my Idea Napkin to friends to get some feedback. That is where the new idea of having 24/7 security came into play. My friends told me that having security would not only make the parking garages safer for every resident but it would boost the reputation associated with my company's name for making my costumer's safety my top priority. 
3. Who are you offering it to?
  • This part has remained unchanged as well, I am still offering my service to college students ages ranging from 18-22. Not specifically towards any gender but I do presume that a majority of my customers will be females, due to the fact that where that parking garages will be located is near sorority rows and houses in the college towns, so most of the surrounding apartment complexes are occupied by females. 
  • The need for parking is what all of my customers will have in common no matter if they are female or males. Apartment complexes have the tendency to take advantage of their residents when it comes to parking rates because they know that for the most part they are able to charge any fee that they want to and that their residents will buy the parking spots. 
4. Why do they care?
  • Overall, this has stayed the same since my first Idea Napkin, the only part that has changed is since I am now providing 24/7 security in my parking garages, parents and students will not have a sense of safety when they choose to buy a parking spot from my company. My service will sell because I have found a way to accommodate and provide the solutions to the college students parking needs. The students will be satisfied that they will be able to have a parking spot that is their own and they will not have to drive around aimlessly searching for a parking spot. The parents of the students will be satisfied with my service because I will be providing the parking spots for a reasonable price and they will know that their sons and daughters will have safe and secure parking spots to park their cars in. 
5. What are your core competencies?
  • The core competency that sets me apart from every other provider in the market is that I am one of the few company's like this that exist that are specifically targeting the college town market. This factor alone already gives me an advantage, but to go along with this I am providing the parking spots for a low, affordable rate so I am confident that this will help me surpass my competitors because I will be able to meet consumers unmet needs while not breaking the bank.  
Do these 5 elements fit together?
  • Yes, I do believe that these 5 elements work together to make my company a success. The only doubt I have out of these elements is the aspect of what I have to offer that is different than any of my competitors. The only reason that I have a doubt about this is that the market may increase and more companies will pose a threat to the market I am entering. 
Feedback memo:
  • I provided more of my strengths: For example, how I feel confident in my ability to communicate with others and how this would help me when it came to forming contracts and when it came to making sales. 
  • I added more to what I am offering: I now am including 24/7 security in my parking garages so that my residents will feel safe and secure when they are parking and entering the garage at night and all the time every single day.





No comments:

Post a Comment