Saturday, November 24, 2018

Assignment 26A Celebrating Failure


  1. My failure this past semester:
    • I would without a doubt have to say that my failure this past semester has been in my Management class. I studied extremely hard and had a good knowledge of the material going into the first exam (or so I thought I did) but then when I got my grade back.... which was a D, I was pretty confused and wondered what I did wrong so I decided that maybe I just didn't study hard enough. 
    • When it came time for my second exam I decided I would study the same material and things that I did for the last exam (I'm still not sure why I thought this was a good idea since I got a D on the last exam butttttt.) I studied for a lot more hours and did more practice exams for this past exam and when I received my grade I had only improved by 1 point.... 1 freakin point after I had studied twice as hard. 
    • Flash forward to right now, I am studying currently for my final exam in Management even though it is not until December 5th, I have to get an outstanding grade to just get a B in the course, and hoping to get a better grade, at this point I would honestly be happy with getting a C on this exam.
  2. What I learned from it:
    • The biggest thing that I learned from earning these two D's in this course this semester is two things.
      • First, not to be so hard on myself. I have always put a ton of emphasis on my grades and I have never gotten a C in a class and so having a C currently in this course has given me major stress but I just decided to look at this and realize that this is just one course and that it doesn't determine me or who I am as a person.
      • The second thing I learned from this was to study different material. It may have taken me 2 exams to realize that I need to study different material, how I study, and to begin studying further in advance. This time around for my final coming up I am hoping that these changes that I learned will give me a different grade and result in the end. 
  3. Reflection about failure:
    • There is no doubt that failure can be a really embarrassing thing, my dad was definitely upset to learn that I currently have a C in management and my mother was not too thrilled either. But, I think that failure is definitely something that everyone of us need in our lives, if we don't fail then we will never learn how to grow and how to learn better ways to achieve things throughout our lives. Failure also helps us find those people that we surround ourselves with that we can depend on for when things do fail and we learn to ask for the help and support from others. 
    • This class has helped me change my perspective on failure because I have learned that entrepreneurs will and DO fail, a lot usually, until they get the product or service or business that they have created to be perfect in their eyes. This class has changed my perspective on taking risks because I feel that I know it is okay to fail sometimes and that it will happen throughout my life, it is what I do with those failures that matters the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment